Miki works in monoprint, solar plate etching, and marbling. With an MFA from Boston University, Miki began working in weaving until a shoulder injury forced a reevaluation of how to express herself in her work.
She turned to paper and silk marbling for many years that expanded into an interest in the wider world of printmaking. Over the last few years she has concentrated on Solar Plate etching and Monoprint.
Miki currently lives in Mashpee, MA on Cape Cod where she continues to work on her printmaking.
This filmclip by Dan Driscoll of September Productions on Nantucket Island was done as part of a larger piece done for the Nantucket Arts Festival.
Memberships & Galleries
- Printmakers of Cape Cod
- Cultural Center of Cape Cod
- Cape Cod Artist Association - items available in thier gift shop
- Cotuit Center for the Arts
- Woodruff Arts, Mashpee Commons - items available in this shop
- Artists Association of Nantucket
- Etsy.com/shop/MikiLovett for marbled papers and handbound journals
- Mixed Media Award Artists Association of Nantucket – 2015
- Boston Weavers’ Guild Award of Merit – 1987
- New England Weavers’ Seminar Award – 1985
- ‘Nantucket Island Living’, Winter 2009
- 'Nantucket Independent’, Sept. 3, 2008
- 'Cape Cod Life’ Arts Guide, Spring 2008
- 'Handwoven Magazine’
- 'The Weavers’ Journal