Miki works in monoprint, etching, and marbling. With an MFA from Boston University, Miki began working in weaving in the '80s and then to paper and silk marbling in 2007. Marbling is still a big part of her practice but has now expanded into an interest in the wider world of printmaking. Over the last few years she has concentrated on etching, monoprint, collagraph and blind embossing. Her monoprints and etchings are done in abstract subjects, her collagraph and embossing tend to be based in geometry.
Miki currently lives in Mashpee, MA on Cape Cod where she continues to work on her printmaking.
This filmclip by Dan Driscoll of September Productions on Nantucket Island was done as part of a larger piece done for the Nantucket Arts Festival.
Memberships & Galleries
- Printmakers of Cape Cod
- Falmouth Art Center, Falmouth, MA
- Cotuit Center for the Arts, Cotuit, MA
- Cape Cod Art Associaiton
- Woodruff Arts, Mashpee Commons - items available in this shop
- Artists Association of Nantucket
- Etsy.com/shop/MikiLovett for marbled papers and handbound journals
- Second place for Mixed Media, Inner Compass, etching, Cape Cod Art Center, Feb. 2021
- Best Technique: Autumn Dawn--Through My Window Series, Relief Print, Falmouth Art Center Juried Show, Sept. 2020
- Mixed Media Award Artists Association of Nantucket – 2015
- Boston Weavers’ Guild Award of Merit – 1987
- New England Weavers’ Seminar Award – 1985
- The Ekphrastic Journal , Dec. 2020, 5 ekphrastic poems by my friend, Sr. Johanna Caton, OSB based on my early monoprints.
- Nantucket Island Living’, Winter 2009
- 'Nantucket Independent’, Sept. 3, 2008
- 'Cape Cod Life’ Arts Guide, Spring 2008
- 'Handwoven Magazine’
- 'The Weavers’ Journal